Wednesday 22 June 2016

Initial Ideas

My initial ideas for my EPQ covered quite a wide range of subject matters. I knew before starting that I wanted my EPQ to be linked to textiles and for my final outcome to be textiles based. I also thought about doing an essay, however after thinking about my ideas in more depth I'm swaying more towards having a physical outcome.

My ideas for topic/title


·         Something to do with the female form- underwear outcome

·         The impact of social media on fashion/ fashion trends- essay or textiles outcome
 
·         Something to do with textiles pieces made from book pages
 
·         Explore the ‘ideal’ female figure over time
 
·         Exploring the appeal to dark clothing
 
·         Exploring how/why people feel comfortable in their own skin
 
·         Exploring how a person’s mood or personality can affect their style or clothing –  


After speaker to my supervisor I have decided to go with 'Exploring the 'ideal' female figure over time'. However as part of research and development into the subject I will look at aspects of my other initial ideas. For example I will look at how social media has been apart of creating the 'ideal' female figure and how that in turn has affected people. I will look at how societies pressures of the 'ideal' female figure has affected peoples body confidence and encouraged body shaming. How people do feel confident in themselves will also be explored.

Sites I looked at to build on my initial ideas:
100 years in 10 photos-the ever changing female body ideal
Wikipedia page on 'Female Body Shape'
Women's Body Image and BMI
What the ideal woman's body looks like in 18 countries


No comments:

Post a Comment